Saturday, November 26, 2011

Contemptor dread Go!

Well I got my Contemptor dread in from Forge World last weekend. I have to say it was the easiest one to put together so far. I have a ton of Forgeworld iron armour and seems to me that the molding process left alot to be trimmed on those models. This wasn't the case with the Contemptor. Each part was clean and had very little mold lines to file down (side note: I found if the resin is a little wet that the files seem to work easier with the resin).

From clean to build was alittle under 3 hours, and I have to say this thing was meant to be articulated. This is the first Forgeworld model that I have seen that is ball and socket and screams to be magnitized so it could be posed. I opted to not do this one and went with a fixed body and legs. I magnitized the sockets on the arms, so they could pivit and move, and the joints for the weapon attachments as well as the head (this will be able to be swapped out to the targerter head when I get the cyclone missle launcher).

I opted to purchase the lascannon and the conversion beamer as the first set and will be adding all the arms down the road. I would love to get a second one and actually played with it Wednesday against Dave's Orks. For the point cost it did quite well and as I learn the rules more I may actually be able to do a little more with it.

All in all, I am extremely happy with this purchase. I hope at some point to be able to actually paint all my stuff and get it more table ready. By point count I can rough in around 4000 points with alot of wiggle room for options, saying this made me just realize that I have so much to paint now!

Untill next time,
Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment